Young Leaders Programme - FAQs
The total programme fees include the following:
- Airport transfers (from Heathrow Airport, London only).
- Accommodation (single, en-suite rooms, with no room sharing).
- Full-board Meals.
- Academic tuition.
- Seminars, workshops, and exciting learning activities.
- Intercity excursions and sightseeing.
- Programme Certificate.
Infinitum Education is an education delivery business, and our expertise is in delivering world-class educational programmes. We develop, create, and execute live, in-person, and digital programmes.
Visas on the other hand are solely within the purview of the UK Government. We are unable to take any responsibility for students being granted UK visas as stated in clause 10.5 of the terms of service
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE
If you have pre-arranged this at the time of your application to the Programme, our Operations Team will be taking care of your arrival and departure which means we will pick you up from the designated airport and take you for registration at Oxford. Similarly, for students where this has been pre-arranged, on the last day of the Young Leaders Programme, after breakfast and as per your flight timings, the operations team will organise your return and will take you to the airport.
A typical day starts with your classes in the morning. After lunch, you will have a combination of either workshops or lectures, while the evenings often include fun social events.
ACCOMMODATION AND SERVICES
We respect the privacy and comfortable space of every YLP member. Hence, all students will be provided with a single en-suite bedroom.
Facilities provided at the accommodation include:
- A single bed in a single room, with no room sharing at all to ensure full privacy. All rooms are en suite.
- A desk, desk light & chair in the room.
- Wardrobe space in the room.
- Wi-Fi & internet connection.
- Common Room.
- Laundry facilities.
Our students have a full programme which keeps them fully engaged and involved. However, if students choose to use their free time to explore Oxford, we have a register for sign-in and sign-out. Please note however those students below 18 years of age are only allowed to leave the accommodation with a chaperone or another adult supervisor (they are not permitted to go out by themselves). Students are also fully supervised throughout the day.
Yes, full-board meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) are included in the programme fees.
We are used to meeting most dietary needs, including; vegetarian, dairy, gluten-free, lactose intolerant, religious dietary, and other dietary needs. When you apply, we are going to ask you to let us know what your dietary needs are, and when you arrive, we are going to double-check with you to make sure we are able to take care of your needs.
Your stay in Oxford and all of the activities are covered in the Total Programme Fees for the Leaders Programme. This includes all meals and intra and inter-city travel of participants. However, it is recommended to have a reasonable amount of cash with you at all times so that if you would like to make any personal expenditures or buy any Oxford souvenirs, you can easily make them. This personal shopping amount will differ for every individual hence we won’t be able to recommend the exact amount.
PLANNING YOUR TRAVEL
Yes, it is recommended that you carry your laptop for research and mobile phone to stay connected with your family.
In July, it is generally warm in Oxford and London however there can be unexpected rains and temperatures may come down drastically so we recommend that some warm clothes (sweaters and jackets) are also packed. The latest weather forecast can be found online:
You can carry the usual stationery you would take to school with you – pens, pencils, paper.
If required, we will provide you with a recommended reading list that will give you an introduction to the programme and your chosen academic stream so that you can make the most out of your classes with us.
All YLP participants will always be accompanied by an adult supervisor. All participants need to arrange travel & health insurance before they travel to the UK.
Infinitum Education will have dedicated staff on-site 24 hours a day. All parents will be provided with the direct contact number of the Programme Leaders from Infinitum to contact in case of any emergencies.
- Make sure that you have a valid COVID-19 vaccination certificate with you which is internationally acceptable.
- Make sure you have fully valid travel/health insurance before you travel.
- Keep your passport, ticket, and travel documents in a safe and secure place at all times.
We understand you may have questions or concerns about the current COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak and how this could affect the Young Leaders Programme this summer.
- Our highest priority remains the health and safety of our students and staff. We adopt globally accepted processes and procedures to help us provide students and staff with the best possible care and support.
- We are closely tracking expert advice from the UK government and the World Health Organization (WHO) and will continue to update our recommendations as this dynamic situation continues to develop.
The UK government has removed the remaining domestic restrictions in England. Yet, there are the following steps you can take to reduce the risk of catching & spreading COVID-19
- Get Vaccinated.
- Consider wearing a face-covering in crowded, enclosed areas.
Meanwhile, if you have any concerns, please contact our Admissions team – we are here to assist.
DEFERRALS & CANCELLATIONS
The Young Leaders Programme will continue to operate as normal and we expect to operate our programmes as planned this summer. However, if there are any changes, we will communicate in advance.
- If you do not wish to attend the Young Leaders Programme in July 2023 but you have already paid a deposit, you may carry over your deposit to secure a place for the Young Leaders Programme in Winter 2023 or Summer 2024, but you must contact us to do so before 30th April 2023. No requests for deferrals, withdrawals or cancellations for any reason will be accepted after this date.
All cancellations are governed by our terms and conditions. All payments made will be reimbursed should you cancel within 14 days of booking as stated in clause 11.4 of the Terms of Service. You also have the option to carry over your deposit payment to secure a place for Winter 2023 or Summer 2024, but you must do so before 30th April 2023. No requests for deferrals, withdrawals or cancellations for any reason will be accepted after this date, except as stated in clause 11.4 of the Terms of Service.
The balance of fees is due as stated in your offer letter. Your place will unfortunately be cancelled if you do not make this payment by the required deadline.